How to locate a malware on an end point?

I have a question from one of the interviews I had, I have no knowledge in system security and so I didn't know how to approach each. The question was:

A customer suspects that one of his endpoints got infected by malware (OS is Windows 10 x64), and you were asked you to analyze it.

Build an analysis plan from the simplest techniques to more advanced methods. Try to focus on the most efficient and effective methods for detecting the malware.

Avoid mentioning other trivial stuff like checking Firewall Settings or Security Updates, but rather concentrate on finding the malware.


I tried to look on the internet but couldn't find anything useful except for the same solutions of using Malwarebytes or similar programs. I guess it's not what's done in real situation when there is limited time to locate and isolate the malware.

Can someone tell me what are the key points to start with, or how to approach this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 ways employees can risk your firm’s cybersecurity (and what to do about it)

H]ardOCP: Google Is Hurting Themselves with Their Poor Support of Windows

Scientists Discover Unlikely Source Of Electricity